Today’s post is going to be real short I am including three core exercises that I have been implementing into my clients workouts. The core main purpose is to provide stability/support to allow your limbs to move and produce force. When there is weakness in the core(Obliques, Rectus Abdominis, Transverse abdominis, Thoracic Diaphragm, and pelvis floor) there can be a lack of performance and/or Injury over time. Try these three exercises in your next workout.
Back in neutral position
Keep Hands in the middle of the body.
Hips are Tuck and Low back is Flattened
Keep hips level with shoulders
Drop quick then explode back up
Place Top leg on bench or box
Big Chest Shoulder blades together
Raise hips and hold for set time
Today November 24th is my birthday. I’ve decided to write a post about 29 things lessons that I have learned throughout my life.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect in the beginning just get it started
- You don’t live life for yourself; you live life for others
- Surround yourself with like minded individuals they will bring the best out of you.
- Save money….as much as possible
- Learn to forgive and let go of the past. Look forward to the future.
- Trust you gut when making difficult decisions.
- Do what you love to do for a living.
- Killing your clients with every workout is not the best way to keep clients around.
- Master the basic movements: Push, Pull, Squat, Hip Hinge, and Carry
- Donate and volunteer more. It is worth it.
- The hours that you sleep before 12 am are way better than the hours you sleep after 12am.
- Preparation will always lead to success. If you don’t prepare you can hope for success.
- Diet and proper nutrition will beat any exercise program when it comes to fat loss.
- People will always comment on what you are doing good or bad.
- Always strive to better yourself. Read a book, watch a lecture, go to a seminar.
- In order to receive you must give first.
- People don’t care about what you do. They want to know why you do it.
- Smile more( my mother would always tell me that)
- Put 100% in everything you do.
- I can’t drink milk…( I’ve tried too many times)
- Everyone you meet knows something you don’t
- It is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission
- You can survive a long time on pancake mix and ramen noodles
- Never Quit
- You are responsible for you. Your current outcome is based on decisions you made in the past.
- Try to make someone laugh everyday( that a personal goal of mine)
- You can’t do everything alone; don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- If you want to go fast go alone; If you want to go far bring others with you.
- Make sure to call you Parents every week.
Motivation fades Discipline is forever
Getting and receiving motivation daily is a great way to start the day. It helps put you in a proper mindset for the day. Motivation help get the ball rolling for many is the hardest step. The only thing about Motivation is that it is feed of emotion. Some writers have said that emotion creates motion. That is true I will not deny that a lot has been accomplished when someone is either really angry or really happy.
The problem with emotions is that they come and go. The flee away and can change immediately based on events that happen in your life. For example you can had a terrible day at work and your boss chews you out about a problem that was not your fault. So you go to the gym to burn off some steam. The second before you begin tearing the gym up you get a text/email/ or call from your boss he apologizes for chewing you out. Now all that pent up emotion has been dissipated. Now you have this mediocre at best workout because you no longer have emotion driving you. Emotions are a double edge sword.
Discipline is what you need in your life. I look at discipline as rules that I have set in place that will not change no matter the circumstances. If I tell myself I will run intervals for 45 minutes. I will run intervals for 45 minutes period. I make a rule that I will eat protein and vegetables at every meal. You can look at my plate and see that I will be eating Meat and Veggies at every meal. Discipline can spread through many different areas of life such as: relationship, finances, nutrition, exercise, self-improvement, and social life. Having discipline will help develop habits. Habits will create the person that you are today. Discipline does not rely on emotion. It is a separate entity that works regardless of your emotional state. If you had a wonderful day/ or your worst day you will still do what your suppose to do.
Discipline equals Freedom.