TGIM another great day time to put in some work. here was my workout for today. Hope you have a great workout as well
6 mins Foam roll
Back, Glutes, Hamstrings, Calfs, Quads, IT Band
4 mins static Stretching ( 30 secs each)
Hip Flexors, Hamstrings, Groin, Glutes
4 mins Dynamic Stretching (15yds each)
Knee hugs/Quad stretch, Lateral Lungs, Elbow to in-step,
High knees, Butt kicks, B-Skips, Side shuffle, Run.
C2 Concept rower
1 min work/ 1 min active rest x 10
The goal was to stay under 1:45 pace while working and light pressure when resting but keep moving total meters cover 4590m
3 min rest then jumped into 12 noon session
Hang clean x 8 @ 135lbs
Box Jump x 5
Ankle mobility after 4th set
Sumo Deadlift High Pull x 8 @ 135lbs
Hand Stand Holds 15 secs
Pendlay row x 10 @ 135lbs
Crater slams x 16
30 Leg raises
30 Reach ups
15 ea Side plank twist
30 Plank Jacks
1 min plank
Today November 24th is my birthday. I’ve decided to write a post about 29 things lessons that I have learned throughout my life.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect in the beginning just get it started
- You don’t live life for yourself; you live life for others
- Surround yourself with like minded individuals they will bring the best out of you.
- Save money….as much as possible
- Learn to forgive and let go of the past. Look forward to the future.
- Trust you gut when making difficult decisions.
- Do what you love to do for a living.
- Killing your clients with every workout is not the best way to keep clients around.
- Master the basic movements: Push, Pull, Squat, Hip Hinge, and Carry
- Donate and volunteer more. It is worth it.
- The hours that you sleep before 12 am are way better than the hours you sleep after 12am.
- Preparation will always lead to success. If you don’t prepare you can hope for success.
- Diet and proper nutrition will beat any exercise program when it comes to fat loss.
- People will always comment on what you are doing good or bad.
- Always strive to better yourself. Read a book, watch a lecture, go to a seminar.
- In order to receive you must give first.
- People don’t care about what you do. They want to know why you do it.
- Smile more( my mother would always tell me that)
- Put 100% in everything you do.
- I can’t drink milk…( I’ve tried too many times)
- Everyone you meet knows something you don’t
- It is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission
- You can survive a long time on pancake mix and ramen noodles
- Never Quit
- You are responsible for you. Your current outcome is based on decisions you made in the past.
- Try to make someone laugh everyday( that a personal goal of mine)
- You can’t do everything alone; don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- If you want to go fast go alone; If you want to go far bring others with you.
- Make sure to call you Parents every week.
Photo post by @coachlady71.
Source: You only…
A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they’d be asked the “half empty or half full” question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: “How heavy is this glass of water?” Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz. She replied, “The absolute weight doesn’t matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it’s not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I’ll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn’t change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes.” She continued, “The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything.” It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don’t carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down!
Here is some Monday motivation to help you get up and get this week going in the proper direction. This quote is taken from Dewayne “The Rock” Johnson. “Success isn’t an overnight thing. It’s when every day you get a little better than the day before. It all adds up.”
Good day Gang
I hope that you enjoyed your Holiday ate plenty of good (Healthy) food. It’s Monday, time to get the ball rolling again. I want you to work on making this your best week. Put the pedal to the metal and leave no regrets. You only have 23 days before the next holiday and I want you to make the most of each day.